Veterinary Cardiology Services:
– Echocardiograms: Special equipment is used to take detailed pictures of your pet’s heart, helping to identify any problems or abnormalities.
– Electrocardiography: Small sensors are placed on your pet’s body that measures the electrical activity of your their heart. This helps to detect any irregularities in their heart rhythm.
– Radiograph analysis: Our board-certified cardiologist carefully examines X-ray images of your pet’s chest to evaluate the size, shape, and condition of their heart.
– 24-48 hour Holter monitoring and analysis: Your pet wears a portable device that continuously records their heart activity for one to two days. This helps to identify any irregularities in their heart rhythm that may not be captured during a regular examination.
Veterinary Cardiology Treatments:
– Medical management of Cardiac Disease (heart disease): Our board-certified veterinary cardiologist develops personalized treatment plans that may include medication, dietary changes, and lifestyle recommendations to manage your pet’s heart condition and improve their overall heart health.
– Thoracocentesis: In some cases, our team may need to remove excess fluid from around your pet’s lungs to improve their breathing and relieve discomfort.
– Medication recommendations: Our board-certified veterinary cardiologist prescribes medications specifically tailored to your pet’s heart condition to help control symptoms, manage their condition, and improve their heart health.
– Patient follow-ups: Our team schedules regular check-ups to monitor your pet’s progress, assess the effectiveness of the treatment plan, and make any necessary adjustments to ensure the best outcomes for their heart health.